Zapproved, Inc. a pioneer in developing cloud‐based software for corporate legal departments, today announced that Zapproved received its SOC 2® Type 2 Certification. More formally known as Service Organization Control 2, this report was prepared by an Independent Certified Public Accountant who audited the controls relevant to the security principle under the standard that was formed under the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Trust Services Principles and Criteria. This certification ensures the system has controls in place to protect against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
The SOC 2 Type 2 report is issued to organizations that have audited controls in place and the effectiveness of the controls have been audited over a specified period of time. To achieve this certification, Zapproved’s policies, and practices were reviewed in the following areas:
- Infrastructure: The computing environment, power, HVAC, Internet connectivity, backups and physical security.
- Software: The programs and operating software of a system.
- People: The personnel involved in the operation and use of a system.
- Procedures: The automated and manual procedures involved in the operation of a system
- Data: The information used and supported by the system
“Protecting the security and integrity of customer data has always been at the forefront for Zapproved as the legal industry’s leading cloud services provider. The SOC 2 designation is a testament to our commitment to exceptional design standards, strict operating controls and monitoring, and ongoing intrusion and vulnerability testing,” said Brad Harris, Vice President of Products at Zapproved. “We work in tandem with Amazon Web Services as an Advanced Technology Partner, utilizing a robust security infrastructure and shared security model to ensure the highest standards of protection.”